Gibraltar - St. Ann

Located six miles west of Alexandria on the western border of the parish

Another village called "Gibraltar" exists in the parish with a P.A. called "Clover Hill" (q.v.)

Office was closed: 1899 to 1920

 

Cancel Type

Potter No.

EKD

LKD

Cancel Notes

Temp. Rubber Handstamp. Type - R1/8

3270.01
xx.8.1897
xx.8.1897

“GIBRALTAR” in serifed caps. “JAMAICA” in sans-serif.

Double Ring Datestamp - with dots

3270.02
7.1.1898
16.12.1898

Double Ring Datestamp - no dots

3270.03
22.8.1920
8.7.1964

Appears to have been used up to 7.9.1921 and then lost and found for reuse from 31.10.1947.

Double Ring Datestamp - no dots

3270.04
17.1.1927
1.5.1967

Temp. Rubber Handstamp. Type - O3*/37sp

3270.05
26.8.1967
19.11.1974

Deascribed as having an “open-ended inner oval” as date overlaps.

Modern Single Ring - 68

3270.06
11.7.1968
3.1.1973

Temp. Rubber Handstamp. Type - O3/41

3270.07
2.2.1976
19.6.1984

Known used in violet, red, black and blue. An oval TRD issued: 21.2.1968 with sans-serif caps is not known used.

Temp. Rubber Handstamp. Type - O3*/37

3270.08
6.1.1986
16.3.1986

Temp. Rubber Handstamp. Type - O3*/37

3270.09
28.12.1988
2.2.1989

Asterisks are high. Lettering is 2.5mm high.